Kabul: A landmine explosion in Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province on Friday left at five municipality members injured, media reports said.
The employees were on tax collection task when the blast happened at around 7:00 am, the Governor Spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal told the Afghanistan news agency that the five injured people were recovered and taken to hospital for treatment.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Somalia: Twin car bomb explosions close to education ministry office in Somalia leave 100 people dead
- Rights chief Bachelet backs call for greater women’s role in disarmament talks
- UN marks first International Day for People of African Descent
- UN experts urge US to align anti-terrorism programme with international law
- India has world's largest diaspora population: UNDESA report