Kabul: At least three people were killed as a blast hit near the Independent Election Commission (IEC) office in Pul-I-Charkhi area of Afghanistan capital Kabul city on Monday, media reports said.
A security official, who wished to go unnamed, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the incident took place near a protest gathering against the IEC around 1:30pm.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More details are awaited.
Afghanistan has witnessed several terrorism-related incidents in recent times.
- Somalia: Twin car bomb explosions close to education ministry office in Somalia leave 100 people dead
- Rights chief Bachelet backs call for greater women’s role in disarmament talks
- UN marks first International Day for People of African Descent
- UN experts urge US to align anti-terrorism programme with international law
- India has world's largest diaspora population: UNDESA report