Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Jul 2018, 06:05 am Print
Kabul: A suicide attack, that targeted the convoy of Afghanistan Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum, left at least 14 people dead on Sunday, media reports said.
Dostum returned from Turkey on Sunday.
The suicide blast left 60 others injured.
However, reports said that neither he, nor his convoy, were hurt.
The bomber reportedly detonated the explosives close to the Kabul airport.
Hashmatullah Stanikzai, 101 Asmayee Zone police spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the Kabul Airport when the convoy of Dostum was passing the area around 5pm.
The attacker was unable to reach his target and detonated his explosives after Afghan security forces identified him and ordered him to stop, he told the Afghanistan based news agency.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Dostum returned to Afghanistan after spending 14 months in Turkey.
Dostum Image: Binjaleel/Wikipedia
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

