News
Global Headlines Afghanistan: Nine Border Force members killed in Taliban attack in Herat
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 09 Apr 2021, 03:13 am Print

Photo: Marius Arnesen/Wikipedia
Kabul: At least nine members of the Afghan Border Force were killed in two attacks in Afghanistan's Herat, according to local media reports.
The attacks, carried out by the Taliban, took place on Thursday night on two outposts in Kohsan and Ghorian districts.
Quoting sources, local Tolo News said the districts fell to the Taliban after the clashes.
It said that at least 15 border force members were taken hostage by the Taliban.
Officials have so far not commented on the attacks.
More News
- IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva warns US tariffs pose a 'significant risk' to global outlook
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty