Body of 19-year-old Israeli soldier recovered from Gaza. Photo Courtesy: IDF X page
The Israel Defence Forces on Friday (November 17, 2023) said the body of a 19-year-old Israeli soldier, who was kidnapped by Hamas members on October 7, has been found adjacent to the Shifa Hospital in Gaza.
The IDF also shared an image of the slain soldier on its X page.
The soldier was identified by IDF as Corporal Noa Marciano.
IDF wrote on X, "19 year old CPL Noa Marciano was abducted and murdered by Hamas terrorists on October 7."
"Her body was found and extracted by IDF troops adjacent to the Shifa Hospital in Gaza. The IDF sends its heartfelt condolences to the family and will continue to support them," the force said.
The Israeli Defence Forces earlier in the day said they have recovered the body of a 65-year-old hostage, who was abducted by Hamas members on October 7, close to the Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza.
The hostage was identified as Yehudit Weiss.
IDF posted on X: "Yehudit Weiss was a 65-year-old who worked with kindergarten kids."
"On October 7, Yehudit was abducted by Hamas from her home in Kibbutz Be’eri. Her husband, Shmulik Weiss, was murdered in their home. Yehudit and Shmulik were parents to 5 children," the defence body said.
IDF said its soldiers recovered her body from a building adjacent to the Shifa Hospital in Gaza.
"AK-47s, RPGs, and other military equipment were also found where Yehudit's body was located," IDF posted on X.
She was one of the 240 persons taken as hostages by Hamas during the October 7 attack.
- Israel-Hamas conflict: Gaza doctors 'terrified of deadly disease outbreak amid aid teams race to deliver
- Israel-Hamas crisis: 11 more hostages released
- Israel-Hamas crisis: Temporary truce extended by two days, 11 more hostages released
- Gaza: Vital aid reaches shattered north as Israel-Hamas ceasefire enters fourth day
- Israel-Hamas discuss possibility of increasing temporary ceasefire as four-day truce enters final day