Kabul: At least eight people were killed when a passenger bus hit a roadside bomb in western Farah province of Afghanistan on Tuesday, media reports said.
According to reports, the incident left 40 others injured.
Nasir Mehri, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the incident took place on the Farah-Herat highway in the Farah Rod area of Bala Baluk district at 4am.
The injured people were rushed to hospital for treatment.
Mehri accused the Taliban of planting the bomb.
Militants have not commented on the issue so far.
- Somalia: Twin car bomb explosions close to education ministry office in Somalia leave 100 people dead
- Rights chief Bachelet backs call for greater women’s role in disarmament talks
- UN marks first International Day for People of African Descent
- UN experts urge US to align anti-terrorism programme with international law
- India has world's largest diaspora population: UNDESA report