Photo courtesy: Wallpaper Cave
Two civilians died and 10 others, including three Pakistan Army soldiers, were injured after a suicide attack targeted a convoy of security forces in Baka Khel area of the country's Bannu district, media reports said.
In a statement, the Inter-Services Public Relation (ISPR) was quoted as saying by Dawn News that a “motorcycle borne suicide bomber” detonated himself on a security forces’ convoy on Sunday. It said that the bomber was affiliated with the Hafiz Gul Bahadur Group and “later identified as an Afghan national”.
The ISPR said that “two innocent civilians embraced martyrdom while seven civilians and three soldiers got injured”.
“Sanitisation operation is being carried out to eliminate any other terrorists found in the area. Security forces of Pakistan are determined to eliminate the menace of terrorism and such sacrifices of our brave civilians and soldiers further strength our resolve,” the ISPR said.
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Police van attacked during repolling in Tank
- Pakistan: Sepoy die, nine militants killed during operation
- Explosion in Karachi leaves seven people, including a minor, injured
- Pakistan security forces kill militant ringleader in Khyber