Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Jul 2021, 01:11 am Print

Image: Wikimedia Commons
Kabul: Afghanistan security forces pushed back Taliban attacks on Herat city and Karokh district in Herat province of Afghanistan on Wednesday, media reports said.
“The Taliban has sustained casualties and fighting is still ongoing in some parts of the city,” according to officials as quoted by Tolo News.
The Taliban launched simultaneous attacks in Pul-e-Malan in the south of Herat city, Seyawashan village in the city, and in the center of Karokh district, the officials told the news portal.
“At least 40 Taliban were killed and more than 40 others were wounded,” according to local security officials.
The Taliban did not comment on the issue so far.
Several army vehicles were also damaged in the attacks, sources told Tolo News.
- Pakistan: Thik tank data shows the country recorded spike in terror activities in March
- Pakistan: Grenade attack in Karachi leaves three cops and a passerby injured
- Israel-Gaza Conflict: IDF eliminates Hamas Spokesman Abdul Latif al-Qanou in north Gaza
- Senior Hamas leader Salah al-Bardawil dies in Israeli airstrike in southern Gaza
- Israel confirms Hamas Military Intelligence chief Osama Tabash eliminated