Conflict
Crisis/Conflict/Terrorism Afghanistan: Suicide bomber targets funeral ceremony, 1 killed
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 21 Dec 2020, 09:15 pm Print
Afghanistan Suicide Attack WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
Kabul: A suicide bomb attack targeted a funeral ceremony in Afghanistan's Paghman district on Monday left at least one person killed, media reports said.
Ferdaws Faramarz, a spokesman to Kabul Police HQ, told Khaama press that the incident occurred when a suicide bomber detonated his explosive vest out side Bolsan Mosque in the Bolsan village.
One civilian was killed, as the bomber detonated his explosive vest during the Fatiha (a ritual ceremony often after the funeral), reported the news agency.
Police have started investigating the matter.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
More Conflict
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

