Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Nov 2020, 09:24 pm Print
Kandahar Blast WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
Kabul/Sputnik: A car bomb has exploded in Afghanistan’s second-largest city, Kandahar, leading to several deaths, including among civilians, local sources told Sputnik on Monday.
The explosion occurred late on Sunday night, targeting the Shahra Battalion (Shahra Kandak) in Kandahar's Maiwand district, local security sources told Sputnik, adding that there were several dead and injured among both the military personnel and civilians.
A source at Mirwais Hospital in Kandahar told Sputnik that 24 people were injured in the explosion, including 13 police officers and 11 civilians.
The source said that there were at least four dead: a child, two women and one man.
Eyewitnesses told Sputnik that the blast destroyed several shops and houses and that some people could still be under the rubble.
Earlier on Monday, a Kandahar police spokesman said that three soldiers were wounded in the attack.
No group has taken responsibility for the car bomb explosion so far.
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

