Photo Courtesy: UNI
The Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, announced on Monday that three Israeli hostages have died from their wounds sustained from Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip.
In a press statement sent to Xinhua, Hamas said the three victims were among the eight Israeli captives seriously injured in recent Israeli airstrikes.
It added that the Al-Qassam Brigades would postpone the announcement of the names and photos of the three deceased until the fate of the remaining wounded becomes clear.
On Sunday, the Al-Qassam Brigades announced the deaths of two Israeli captives and the injury of 8 others due to what it said were Israeli shellings on the Strip in the past 96 hours.
The announcement of the latest three deaths comes hours after the Israeli army liberated two captives held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip early on Monday, namely Fernando Simon Merman, 60, and Louis Herr, 70, who were kidnapped to the Gaza Strip from Kibbutz Nir Eshkol on Oct. 7, 2023.
(With UNI inputs)
On Jan. 10, the Israeli army said that 136 hostages were still being held captive in the Gaza Strip.
- Chinese Coast Guard patrols in waters around Taiwan-controlled Kinmen Islands: Reports
- US Air Force member hospitalised in critical condition after he sets himself on fire in front of Israeli Embassy in Washington DC
- US Senator warns of possible 'cyber attack' amid cellular outage
- UK,US, alliance member countries strike Houthi targets in Yemen
- Russian President Vladimir Putin's critic Alexei Navalny's body handed over to his family