|Organization Name||:||Center for Democracy in the Americas|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Nov 2023, 04:13 am|
|Closing Date||:||13 Dec 2023, 12:00 am|
Location: Washington, DC preferred, but all U.S. locations will be considered
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $56,500-$60,000 dependent on years of experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
As a part of this organizational refresh and rollout, we are seeking an operations assistant to oversee office operations to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the organization. The ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented person interested in foreign policy and Latin America and the Caribbean, eager to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment in which multiple priorities are juggled simultaneously. This person will be expected to be a self-starting team player who helps execute and also has the confidence to bring new ideas to the table.
Finance and Bookkeeping Support
• Manage CDA’s bookkeeping/accounting, managing/monitoring QuickBooks; including tracking and coding all incoming money and outgoing expenses
• Develop and manage CDA’s cash flow and annual budget.
• Manage monthly accounts payable.
• Manage CDA payroll and 401K plan, bank accounts, and credit cards.
• Monitor credit and debit card use.
• Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director, and Director for Advocacy and Strategy.
• Event and trip planning, scheduling, and logistical tasks as needed.
• Assist in maintaining and ordering office supplies; equipment inventory; and storage unit
• Managing incoming and outcoming mail
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments
• Assist in organizing and executing special projects and events, including annual gala.
Human Resources Support:
• Manage hiring, onboarding and offboarding process for new and departing staff.
• Respond to staff questions regarding benefits, payroll, state tax, and other administrative questions.
• Support CDA’s DEI work, including efforts to ensure diverse applicant pools for job openings.
• Manage relationships with insurance brokers, payroll vendor, and other vendors.
• Manage policy renewals for organizational insurance policies and ensure proper level of coverage.
• Ensure compliance with employment law and local taxes, including with remote work employees and contractors.
• Help maintain confidentiality and data security in HR and Operations activities.
Grants Management and Compliance
• Track donor database, update Salesforce, produce reports as needed
• Donor communication and management such as following up on pledged donations.
• Support with the writing and preparation of grant proposals and reports for new foundations or for expanded support from current foundations.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar role.
• Prior experience working with QuickBooks and Salesforce is required,
• Capacity to Manage down, up and laterally - including via briefing organizational leadership - to make sure tasks are completed well and on deadline.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, solid judgment, and discretion.
• Logistical acumen and superior communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Comfort engaging with principals – including members of Congress and senior officials.
• Ability and desire to be a team-player within a lean, fast-paced, and start-up environment
• Knowledge of HR processes and practices.
• Spanish fluency, written and spoken
• Passionate about foreign policy and Latin America and the Caribbean
Competitive benefits including an employer-paid health, dental, and vision plan, 401(k) plan, four weeks paid annual leave, home office stipend, and more.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and examples of successful fundraising or communication campaigns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Operations Assistant, Application" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Email id: info(at)democracyinamericas.org