|Organization Name||:||European Climate Foundation (ECF)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Nov 2023, 04:11 am|
|Closing Date||:||13 Dec 2023, 12:00 am|
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global levels. We support over 1000 partner organizations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world. The ECF brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us
About the role
As MEL Senior Officer, you will be part of the Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning (MEL) team and report to the MEL Director. Its role is to act as a center of the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation processes, embedding ECF strategy in the work of programme teams and tracking progress against common objectives. Team members deliver strategic advice to the ECF management team and support for strategic decision-making by implementing a MEL framework designed to learn from ECF programmes and projects, and adapt accordingly, via the identification of key impact opportunities and priorities. They also support ECF’s programmes and its grantees in the implementation of planning, monitoring and learning processes. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in promoting a learning-based culture via the implementation of MEL systems as well as supporting strategy implementation for a major philanthropic organization. It offers a chance to develop competence in a range of operational functions needed to support dynamic, international program teams. The role suits a candidate with experience in M&E, collaborative learning, reporting and strategy implementation at a program level.
Working as part of a small team, and in close collaboration with other operations roles, the MEL Senior Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Support the development and roll out of the ECF’s Strategic multi-level M&E Framework.
• Support programme teams to provide timely and high quality inputs for the purposes of strategy planning, reporting and learning. Generate and communicate insights based on this evidence.
• Help the programme teams identify and track meaningful KPIs and metrics to underpin projects, programmes and strategies.
• Coordinate and support the Strategic Learning cycle at the program level
• Provide support to colleagues, as required and appropriate, to help build skills, confidence and capability in MEL processes or procedures.
• Participate in program team meetings to support a coherent implementation of ECF strategy and encourage the adoption of learning practices.
• Other related tasks as may be required
Experience and competencies
• A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organization
• A good knowledge of M&E frameworks, including logic models, Theory of Change, KPIs, qualitative and quantitative indicators
• Excellent analytical skills, with the capacity to analyze evidence deriving from multiple sources, both qualitative and quantitative
• Experience in working with software and database applications for data collection, analytics and reporting; spreadsheet software, (e.g. Excel) data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI), social analytics and media monitoring software (e.g. Meltwater)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to prioritize tasks
• A team player and a natural collaborator with a passion for excellence
• The disposition to work with colleagues in a high-trust community, and a commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach, a spirit of generosity and mutual support.
• Excellent communication, presentation and English language skills, both written and verbal; knowledge of other languages an asset.
What we offer
• The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
• A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
Apply at: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/monitoring-evaluation-and-learning-mel-senior-officer-paris-37277/en/