Image Credit: Marvia Malik Instagram page
Islamabad: Pakistan's first transgender news anchor and journalist Marvia Malik on Thursday survived a gun attack in Lahore.
The incident happened outside her residence in Lahore Cantt area.
In her statement to the police, Malik said she was returning from a pharmacy when two men opened fire on her, reports Daily Pakistan.
She said she had been receiving threatening phone calls and messages from unknown numbers for raising her voice for the transgender community.
Marvia became the first openly transgender newsreader to appear on Pakistani television when she made her debut in 2018.
- Canada alerts LGBTQ citizens of the risks of travelling to US
- Survey says about 9 percent of adults in 30 countries identify themselves as LGBTQ
- Force majeure: China's gay rights group halts operation
- Apple Watch Pride Edition celebrates the LGBTQ+ community
- UN rights experts condemn Uganda’s ‘egregious’ anti-LGBT legislation