Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 10 Aug 2025, 10:19 am Print

Jaffar Express was targeted twice this week. Photo: Wikimedia Commons
A bomb blast on the railway track in Balochistan’s Mastung district in Pakistan derailed six bogies of the Jaffar Express, media reports said on Sunday.
No casualty or injury was reported in the incident.
Muhammad Kashif, public relations officer of the Pakistan Railways’ Quetta division, told Dawn.com: “A bomb attached to the railway track exploded loudly, derailing six bogies of the train. Fortunately, there was no loss of life.”
The incident happened close to the Spezand station in Mastung’s Dasht area.
The blast occurred when the train was on its way from Quetta to Peshawar City station with 350 passengers on board.
“Security forces and rescue teams rushed to the site as soon as they were alerted about the incident, and began a search operation after cordoning off the area,” Kashif said.
“Four bogies of the Jaffar Express had been placed back on the track, while efforts were underway to restore the other two,” the official noted.
A relief train later brought back all the passengers to Quetta.
Meanwhile, the services of Jaffar Express and Bolan Mail have been suspended till August 14, which marks the country's Independence Day.
The Quetta-bound Jaffar Express recently escaped a major disaster when the bomb planted on the railway track exploded just minutes after the passenger train crossed it.
- Israeli strike in Yemen kills Houthi prime minister, several ministers; rebel group confirms
- Terror attack leaves 2 GB Scouts personnel dead in Pakistan
- Two FC personnel killed in a terror attack in Pakistan
- Pakistan Toy-like bomb explosion leaves two brothers dead
- Baloch Liberation Army rejects US govt's decision to designate Majeed Brigade a foreign terrorist organisation