Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 28 Jul 2025, 12:48 pm Print
Pakistan Jaffar Express. Photo: Wikimedia Commons
At least one person was injured after a bogie of Jaffar Express, which was hijacked by terrorists earlier this year, was derailed due to an explosion in Pakistan's Sultanpur region on Monday.
Rescue teams from Sukkur were reportedly dispatched to start repair work after the incident.
Sukkur Railways Divisional Superintendent Jamshaid Alam told Dawn News that the Jaffar Express was travelling from Peshawar to Quetta when the explosion occurred.
“Following the blast, train operations have been suspended,” Alam said, adding that passengers “faced serious difficulties due to the train’s derailment”.
Railway officials said it may take upto five years to restore the line.
The Sindh government has initiated an investigation into the issue.
In March, the train was hijacked and took 400 passengers as hostages.
- ISIS-inspired plot foiled in UK: Two men get life sentences for targeting Jewish community
- India rejects allegations, urges Pakistan to tackle its ‘home-grown ills’
- Massacre in Islamabad: ISIS takes responsibility for deadly Pakistan blast
- Friday turns fatal: 31 dead, 169 injured in shocking Pakistan mosque blast
- Explosion at packed mosque in Pakistan turns Friday prayers into scene of carnage, 15 dead

