Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 22 Sep 2024, 11:23 am Print
Pakistan Photo Courtesy: Unsplash
A policeman died and three others were injured on Sunday after their vehicle, which was part of a convoy that was escorting dignitaries from 12 nations, was caught in an explosion in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Swat district on Sunday.
Swat Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Muhammad Ali Khan told Dawn News that delegations from Indonesia, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Turkmenistan, Vietnam, Iran, Russia, and Tajikistan were part of the convoy.
“As a result of the blast, Constable Burhan has embraced martyrdom, while three other policemen, including Sub-Inspector Sar Zameen, Constable Amanullah, and Constable Habib Gul, have sustained injuries,” Khan said.
He said a heavy contingent of security officials had reached the spot.
He said the area had been cordoned off.
The diplomats remained safe in the incident.
According to local reports, the explosion was triggered by a remote-controlled improvised explosive device (IED).
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike
- Pakistan rocked by powerful explosion: 9 dead, 33 injured in Lakki Marwat blast

