Photo Courtesy: Unsplash
An improvised explosive device (IED) planted on the roadside exploded in Pakistan's Hoshab area in Balochistan on Sunday which left at least three people dead, media reports said on Wednesday.
Commissioner Mekran Division Saeed Ahmed Umrani confirmed to Pakistan Today that unidentified terrorists targeted a car using an improvised explosive device (IED) in Hoshab tehsil of district Kech, adding all three persons travelling in the car were killed on the spot.
Levies and personnel of other law enforcement agencies went to the spot to investigate the matter.
The deceased people were rushed to hospital for treatment.
The force of the explosion was so intense that it caused substantial damage to the targeted vehicle, underscoring the severity of the attack, the newspaper reported.
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Police van attacked during repolling in Tank
- Pakistan: Sepoy die, nine militants killed during operation
- Explosion in Karachi leaves seven people, including a minor, injured
- Pakistan security forces kill militant ringleader in Khyber