Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 22 Apr 2022, 11:53 am Print
Afghanistan Image credit: Videograb
Kabul/JEN: A blast ripped through a mosque during Friday prayers in northern Afghanistan killing 33 people and injuring 43 others, media reports said.
Since Taliban fighters seized control of Afghanistan last year after ousting the US forces, the number of bombings has fallen. However, jihadist and Sunni IS continue with targeted attacks mostly against the Sufis.
Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid tweeted that children were among the 33 dead in the blast at a mosque in the northern province of Kunduz.
"We condemn this crime... and express our deepest sympathies to the bereaved," he said.
Images posted on social media, presumably of the blast, showed holes blown through the walls of the Mawlavi Sikandar mosque, popular with Sufis, situated north of Kunduz city.
- Russian missiles hit Lakshmi Mittal’s ArcelorMittal plant in Ukraine, 2 killed
- Russia faces drone storm: Moscow claims 822 Ukrainian drones downed, apocalyptic blaze videos go viral
- No regrets’: Russian escort accused of blowing up Ukrainian defector in Crimea
- Ukraine faces fresh Russian 'attack': 3 killed as missiles, drones rain down
- Russia under attack: 13, including child, killed after suspected Ukrainian drone strikes

