Conflict
Crisis/Conflict/Terrorism Afghanistan: Blast in Jalalabad leaves 2 civilians dead
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 02 Jun 2021, 06:29 am Print
Afghanistan Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Kabul: A blast targeting a security force envoy in Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province on Wednesday left at least two civilians dead and 10 others hurt, media reports said.
The blast occurred in the Bargeno area of PD4 in Jalalabad city, the capital of the province, while a security forces convoy was passing the area, provincial governor's spokesman Attaullah Khogyani was quoted as saying by Tolo News.
“There are no reports of security force member casualties in the blast yet,” he said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
More Conflict
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

