Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 12 Jun 2019, 06:38 am Print
Tripoli (Xinhua/UNI) The air forces of the UN-backed Libyan government launched 3 airstrikes against the eastern-based army in south of the capital Tripoli, as the armed conflict in the city between the two parties continues.
Two airstrikes targeted troops near the airport in southern Tripoli, and a third one targeted troops in Wadi Rabie town also located in southern Tripoli, according to a statement issued by the government forces on Tuesday.
The two airstrikes near the airport were "accurate", the statement said.
The east-based army, led by Khalifa Haftar, has been waging a military campaign since early April to take over Tripoli, where the UN-backed government is based.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the fighting has so far killed 653 and injured 3,547 others.
Libya has been struggling to undergo a transitional period amid chaos since the fall of former leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

