Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 May 2019, 04:02 am Print

Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) Militants have violated the ceasefire in the Syrian provinces of Aleppo, Hama and Latakia over the past 24 hours, the head of the Russian Defense Ministry's Center for Syrian Reconciliation, Maj. Gen. Viktor Kupchishin, said on Wednesday.
"Over the past 24 hours, militants shelled ... settlements in the Latakia province, ... the Hama province and the area near the research and development center in the city of Aleppo," Kupchishin said at a press briefing.
He noted that within last 24 hours the reconciliation center had held one humanitarian action in the Muhammad Bek district of Aleppo, delivering 500 food kits to local residents.
Kupchishin added that, as of Tuesday, about 58,000 Syrians, who evaded military service, had been granted amnesty by the Syrian authorities.
Russia, alongside Turkey and Iran, is a guarantor of the ceasefire in Syria. Moscow has also been assisting Damascus through supporting the struggle against terrorist groups, providing humanitarian aid to local residents and facilitating the return of refugees.
- Pakistan: Thik tank data shows the country recorded spike in terror activities in March
- Pakistan: Grenade attack in Karachi leaves three cops and a passerby injured
- Israel-Gaza Conflict: IDF eliminates Hamas Spokesman Abdul Latif al-Qanou in north Gaza
- Senior Hamas leader Salah al-Bardawil dies in Israeli airstrike in southern Gaza
- Israel confirms Hamas Military Intelligence chief Osama Tabash eliminated