Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 16 May 2019, 05:39 am Print

Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) The anti-terror subdivision of the French police has detained the sixth suspect in the case of the deadly attack on the Christmas market in Strasbourg last December, local media reported.
In January, media said that that five people had been detained in the probe into the shooting which left five people killed and over 10 others injured.
The Derniers Nouvelles d’Alsace news outlet reported on Wednesday, that the 32-year-old man was apprehended in the Bas-Rhin department in eastern France.
The outlet added that all the six people detained as part of the probe were suspected of supplying weapons and munitions to the mastermind of the attack.
The Christmas market shooting was carried out by Cherif Chekatt, 29, who had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State terror group (banned in Russia). The French authorities said the perpetrator had been known to law enforcement prior to the attack for previous offenses.
The suspected shooter was located and killed by the police two days after the incident.
- Pakistan: Thik tank data shows the country recorded spike in terror activities in March
- Pakistan: Grenade attack in Karachi leaves three cops and a passerby injured
- Israel-Gaza Conflict: IDF eliminates Hamas Spokesman Abdul Latif al-Qanou in north Gaza
- Senior Hamas leader Salah al-Bardawil dies in Israeli airstrike in southern Gaza
- Israel confirms Hamas Military Intelligence chief Osama Tabash eliminated