Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 10 Mar 2019, 03:10 am Print
Moscow (Sputnik/UNI): At least eight people were injured in the northern Syrian city of Manbij on Saturday after the detonation of a bomb-laden car, the Manbij Military Council said in a statement.
Earlier reports suggested that as many as six people were wounded in the attack.
"A bomb-laden car driven by a terrorist attacked a car of the Manbij Military Council. As a result of the explosion, six civilians received injures of varying degrees of severity, and two of our fighters were lightly wounded," the Saturday statement on Facebook reads.
The Islamic State terrorist group (IS, banned in Russia) reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.
Media reported earlier that the incident took place in the south-eastern part of the city, near a livestock market.
Manbij used to be a stronghold of the IS, and is now under control of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, which is supported by the US-led coalition operating in Syria.
The activities of the US-led coalition have not been authorized by the Syrian government or the UN Security Council.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

