Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 05 Feb 2019, 04:38 am Print
Kabul: The Attorney General Office (AGO) in Afghanistan on Monday handed jail terms ranging from five to 30 years as 21 people were found guilty of lotting the deadly attack on the Kabul Inter-Continental Hotel in 2018.
Jamshid Rasouli, AGO spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News 13 of the convicts were found guilty of negligence and awarded two to five years in jail and the remaining eight including organizers and supporters of the attack, awarded 22 to 30 years in prison.
The verdict against the convicted people was handed down on Monday.
At least 22 people, including 15 foreign nationals, were killed during the attack by a group of men in the hotel on Jan 21 last year.
Several people were arrested during the investigation into the incident.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

