Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 02 May 2018, 11:39 am Print
Kabul: At least two people were killed when a roadside bomb hit a civilian vehicle in Afghanistan's central Logar province on Tuesday, media reports said on Wednesday.
The incident left one person injured.
ShapurAhmadzai, police spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the Hino model vehicle struck the hidden bomb in Chawni locality of Pul-i-Alam, the provincial capital.
He told the news agency that the landmine had been emplaced by Taliban insurgents for targeting security forces but it killed and wounded civilians.
The Taliban did not comment on the incident so far.
Terror-hit Monday:
Two blasts rocked Kabul city on Monday,leaving the nation shocked.
According to reports, at least 14 civilians were killed and over 30 injured in two attacks that took place on Monday morning (local time) in a heavily populated neighbourhood in central Kabul.
The second attack was timed 30 minutes later to target journalists arriving on the scene and emergency services personnel seeking to provide aid to victims of the first attack.
In another incident, at least 11 civilians were killed in a blast that rocked Afghanistan's Kandahar province on Monday, media reports said.
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

