Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 24 Feb 2018, 06:31 am Print
Mogadishu: Two blasts rocked Somalian capital Mogadishu on Friday, killing at least 18 people, media reports said.
One attack took place at the gates of the presidential palace, while a second hit near offices of the national intelligence agency, BBC reported.
The incident left dozens injured.
According to officials, five attackers have been gunned down.
1) Breaking: #Shabaab claims responsibility for two suicide attacks and a "large-scale attack" outside of presidential palace in #Mogadishu #Somalia. The group says the clashes are ongoing. pic.twitter.com/oNcn1Pn3ii
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) February 23, 2018
Islamist militant group al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Militants used car bombs to carry out the attack, the group said.
Somalia's Radio Simba reported that the country's security minister had already warned of a possible attack in the national capital.
Image: twitter.com/Rita_Katz
- ISIS-inspired plot foiled in UK: Two men get life sentences for targeting Jewish community
- India rejects allegations, urges Pakistan to tackle its ‘home-grown ills’
- Massacre in Islamabad: ISIS takes responsibility for deadly Pakistan blast
- Friday turns fatal: 31 dead, 169 injured in shocking Pakistan mosque blast
- Explosion at packed mosque in Pakistan turns Friday prayers into scene of carnage, 15 dead

