Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 10 Nov 2017, 06:40 am Print
Saudi Arabia's official news agency, SPA, quoted an official in the country's Foreign Ministry as stating, "Due to the situations in the Republic of Lebanon, the official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that the Saudi nationals visiting or residing in Lebanon are asked to leave the country as soon as possible."
"The Kingdom advised all citizens not to travel to Lebanon from any other international destinations," the official added.
Following the order, UAE and Kuwait too urged its citizens to refrain from travelling to Lebanon.
Bahrain, an important ally of Saudi Arabia had already ordered its citizens to leave Lebanon on Sunday.
Experts have said that the decision was taken amid standoff between Saudi Arabia and Iran, exacerbating the situation.
Riyadh has accused Lebanon based Hezbollah of being Tehran's proxy, hence placing the order.
The situation is so volatile, it may end up in a military confrontation, feel experts.
Image: Former Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Al Hariri
Source: Twitter
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

