Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 19 Dec 2017, 06:11 am Print
Washington, Dec 19 (JEN): Earlier this year, over 230,000 computers across 150 countries were affected by the WannaCry computer bug, starting rumours that a certain Asian regime was behind the attack.
On Monday, US officials confirmed that the cyberattack was carried out by North Korea.
In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, Donald Trump's homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert, said, "The attack was widespread and cost billions, and North Korea is directly responsible."
The US has also urged all the affected nations to come together and take a stand against Kim Jong-un's regime.
The op-ed added, “We do not make this allegation lightly. It is based on evidence. We are not alone with our findings, either.”
Bossert is expected to issue a formal statement later in the day.
Meanwhile, the new allegations are expected to draw strong reactions from Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.
It has been critical of the US and is convinced that Trump and his men are directly responsible for disrupting peace in the Korean peninsula.
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US
- Indian cargo vessel 'Haji Ali' sinks off Oman after suspected drone attack

