Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 18 Jul 2024, 11:50 pm Print
Tel Aviv Photo Courtesy: Pixabay
Israeli security authorities have started probing an apparent drone attack on Tel Aviv city in the country on Friday which left one person dead, media reports said.
In a statement Israeli Defense Forces said an initial inquiry indicated the explosion had been caused by the falling of an "aerial target" and announced it was increasing air patrols, reported BBC.
The incident reportedly left several people injured.
Yemen’s Houthi militants, which are backed by Iran, announced on social media that they would reveal details about a military operation that had targeted Tel Aviv, reported BBC.
The incident also came after the Israeli military confirmed it had killed a senior commander of the Hezbollah militia in southern Lebanon, reported the British media.
Israel and Hezbollah have traded fire across the border since Hamas attacked on October 7.
Israel invaded Gaza following the October 7 attack.
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US
- Indian cargo vessel 'Haji Ali' sinks off Oman after suspected drone attack

