Bangladesh Road Accident
Madaripur: At least 19 people died as a bus crashed into ditch in Madaripur region of Bangladesh, media reports said on Monday.
The mishap left 30 others injured.
The Dhaka-bound bus operated by Emad Paribahan veered out of control on the Bangabandhu Expressway at 7:45 am in Shibchar’s Kutubpur area, Madaripur Police Superintendent Md Masud Alam told bdnews24.
Bodies of 14 people have been reportedly recovered from the spot so far.
“It is believed that the bus went out of control after one of its tyres was punctured. The front to mid portions of the bus sustained severe damage after the vehicle fell into the ditch,” Shiplu Ahmed, deputy assistant director of the Fire Service and Civil Defence in Faridpur, told the news portal.
- British government to ban entry of 'hate preachers' from Pakistan, other nations amid rise in extremism
- Nikki Haley registers first victory in Republican Presidential primary, defeats Donald Trump in Washington DC
- Sri Lankan government introduces pilot project of adding AI into school
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis