Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 24 Jan 2022, 08:41 pm Print

Pixabay
Washington/UNI/Sputnik: The United States successfully intercepted two missiles on Monday targeting Al Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates, the Central Command (CENTCOM) said.
Earlier on Monday, the Houthi movement launched a ballistic missile attack against the Al Dharfa military base and said it is ready to expand its operation against the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
The UAE defense ministry said the country's air defense systems successfully repelled the attack.
"US forces at Al Dhafra Air Base, near Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), engaged two inbound missile threats with multiple Patriot interceptors coincident to efforts by the armed forces of the UAE in the early morning hours of Jan[uary] 24, 2022," CENTCOM said in a press release.
"The combined efforts successfully prevented both missiles from impacting the base." There were no American casualties in the attack, the release said, adding that the air base houses about 2,000 US service members and personnel. US forces at Al Dhafra Air Base are ready to respond to any new attacks, release said.
- Trump announces 75-day additional deadline to find non-Chinese buyer
- Myanmar Junta continues attacks despite declaring ceasefire after earthquake, claims anti-junta groups
- Israeli forces eliminate key Hamas figure behind psychological terror
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced