Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 06 Jun 2021, 09:28 am Print

Image: Pixabay
Ouagadougou: The death toll due to the attack by armed men in a village in northern Burkina Faso has touched 132, media reports said.
Homes and the local market were burned during the overnight raid on Solhan, reports BBC.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
President Roch Marc Christian Kabore has declared three-day mourning following the attack.
Face à cette tragédie, j'ai décrété un deuil national de 72 h, à compter de ce jour à 00h00.
— Roch KABORE (@rochkaborepf) June 5, 2021
Les forces de défense et de sécurité sont à pied d’œuvre, pour rechercher et neutraliser les auteurs de cet acte ignoble.
Nous devons rester unis et soudés contre ces forces du mal 2/2
He described the incident as 'barbaric'.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has 'condemned' the attack.
"The Secretary-General is outraged by the killing, early today, of over a hundred civilians, including seven children, in an attack by unidentified assailants on a village in the Province of Yagha, in the Sahel Region of Burkina Faso," read a statement issued by his spokespeson.
"He strongly condemns the heinous attack and underscores the urgent need for the international community to redouble support to Member States in the fight against violent extremism and its unacceptable human toll," read the statement.
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop