Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 20 Dec 2020, 06:25 am Print

Image: Pixabay
Beijing/Sputnik: At least three people died and four others were injured as a result of an explosion at a chemical plant in China's northeastern province of Heilongjiang, local media reported on Sunday.
The blast occurred in the workshop of a chemical company in the city of Anda on Saturday at around 12:46 a.m. local time (16:46 Friday, GMT). Following the blast, the plant caught fire, which was not extinguished until later that morning, according to Xinhua.
Initially, one person was confirmed dead and two people were reported missing. On Sunday, Xinhua said that the death toll from the explosion had gone up to three and that the bodies of two people previously considered missing had been found.
Four people were wounded by the blast, two of them sustained serious injuries.
A task force of the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment has started examining the site of the explosion to determine if there were any leaks of dangerous chemical substances into the environment.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation.
- Trump announces 75-day additional deadline to find non-Chinese buyer
- Myanmar Junta continues attacks despite declaring ceasefire after earthquake, claims anti-junta groups
- Israeli forces eliminate key Hamas figure behind psychological terror
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced