Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 26 Jul 2018, 09:00 am Print
Beijing: A man detonated a bomb outside the U.S. Embassy in Beijing on Thursday, triggering an explosion, media reports said.
The suspected bomber was the only person injured in the blast, The Hong Kong Free Press said quoting a spokesman of the US embassy.
"Only the bomber was hurt," the newspaper tweeted.
The US embassy complex is in Beijing’s Chaoyang District.
Witnesses have posted images on Twitter of smoke surrounding the building.
Police identified the suspected bomber as a “26-year-old Inner Mongolian man,” the newspaper reported.
Beijing police said on its Weibo account that a 26-year-old Inner Mongolian man detonated the explosive at the intersection of Tianze Lu and Anjialou Lu at around 1 pm (Local time).
State media had earlier reported that police detained a woman who sprayed gasoline on herself about 11 a.m. local time.
However, The Free Press said whether this has any connection with the explosion is yet not clear.
Image: Twitter
- Thailand tightens entry rules, ends 60-day visa-free stay for Indians
- Shock executions: Iran puts two Kurds to death over 'separatist' charges
- F-35s, F-15s, Reaper drones: New US report says 42 aircraft lost or damaged in Iran war
- Bangladesh: 700-kg pink buffalo nicknamed ‘Donald Trump’ becomes Eid market’s biggest attraction
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted

