|Doctors of the World - Switzerland
|25 Nov 2023, 10:56 am
|05 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Consequently to the current crisis affecting Gaza, MdM is sizing up its activities and seeks a Program coordinator with expertise in MHPSS and solid experience in emergency response in a highly volatile environment.
The need of a support for the mission is the consequence of the current crisis affecting Gaza and the West Bank and the size increase and structuration phase that that mission is experiencing, since before the war started. The ongoing and expected impact at mission level is on the following:
Programmatic level: ongoing projects delayed or to be revised totally or partially, new project opportunities coming to address the new needs, new axes of intervention to be explored to address the emergency needs, quality monitoring and development, the mission operational strategy to finalize in its shaping and to guide in its implementation.
Operational level: the mission, already in a growing and structuring phase, will be requested to increase the volume of the operations, resulting in a crucial need of support to ensure clear internal processes, smooth coordination between departments, resources optimization, anticipation of the operational needs.
Following these premisses, the priorities for the Program Coordinator are the following:
• Supervise the implementation of the current projects/contracts, with special attention to the upcoming revisions, delays accumulated, field implementation challenges (in WB and Gaza).
• Support the design and launch of new projects (preparatory activities, setup of the monitoring tools, recruitments,…)
• Ensure the quality of the programming, with a special focus in MHPSS, being the main sector of intervention of MdM Switzerland, supporting the MHPSS advisor in the choice of the protocols and methodologies, and the most impactful activities.
• Support the General Coordinator in the coordination of the operations within the mission, with a special focus on the smooth functioning between the departments under her/his supervision and with the support, on the correct implementation of the current procedures and processes, and suggesting tailored solutions in line with the mission needs evolution.
• Develop and maintain the correct functioning of the MEAL department, ensuring efficient data collection, analysis and reporting for all the mission interventions.
YOUR POSITION WITHIN THE STRUCTURE
Hierarchical and Functional link: General Coordinator
Team under his/her direct supervision: MEAL officer, MHPSS advisor, Advocacy coordinator
Close collaboration: Mission Coordination team (out of those under his responsibility), HQ’s staffs dedicated to oPt.
• Context analysis, needs assessment and strategic planning
• To ensure a close monitoring of the humanitarian situation and coordinate ad-hoc needs assessment if necessary and provide monthly updates.
• Provide monthly updates of the humanitarian situation in the areas of intervention and alert if necessary to adjust the operational approach.
• Be proactive in suggesting new assessments and new programmatic developments to adjust program portfolio to existing needs.
• Develop and rolling out the mission strategy based on prior needs analysis, actors mapping, gap analysis and understanding of MdM programmatic added value and mandate.
• Coordinate and oversee MdM programs
• Ensure quality program implementation, in line with MdM mandate and guiding principles & inform the GenCo of any specific difficulties and share propositions to mitigate the risk.
• Lead the development of the general strategy on MdM programming activities .
• Make sure the different components of the programs are consistent, perfectly integrated and in link with population needs.
• Support the program team in the identification of partners (when needed) and development of healthy and complementary partnership in adequation with MdM values & principles.
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, ensure clear budget forecasts are revised monthly based on activity plan, report any concerns to the GenCo and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure.
• Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments involved in the programs, ensure all logistics and administrative needs for project implementation are communicated to the support team and planned within budget and chronogram of activities in compliance with MdM processes and procedures and act as a mediator when necessary.
• Ensure the secure archiving and storage of the project's technical information (indicators, list of beneficiaries and sources of verification).
• Be responsible for the recruitment of the team under her/his direct supervision.
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures.
• Manage his/her team through : information, setting objectives, monitoring activities, etc.
• Supervise the whole program team, ensure regular coordination, information sharing, develop a good team dynamic and take suitable action in case of problem.
• Ensure communication lines of the organizational chart and among the program team are respected.
Monitoring and Reporting,
• Ensure, that all needed data of the programs are timely collected and analyzed.
• Carry out a quarterly review of programmatic achievement based on the monitoring framework and available indicators, and to set up corrective measures if needed.
• Ensure that a clear and solid M&E framework is in place at mission level, with regular surveys and a robust complaint & response mechanism.
• Contribute to the organization / realization of external evaluation when requested .
• Contribute to the elaboration of MdM monthly report.
• Participate in the writing of donor’s reports and proposals.
• Meetings, coordination and representation
• Organise, on monthly basis, meetings with the technical program team and ensure action plans.
• Actively participate in MdM coordination meetings and other ad hoc meeting decided by the GenCo.
• Make sure that MdM program team participates in the relevant coordination meetings.
• Participate and lead on external coordination meetings with other health actors and or partners.
• Develop constructive collaboration with authorities, such as Ministry of Health.
• Support the GenCo in case of donor field visits or meetings.
• list of missions is not exhaustive and may be changed to reflect developments and specific needs.
• Advanced degree in clinical psychology or similar. Additional studies in humanitarian action and project management is an asset.
• Language : High level of spoken and written English. Strong assets: French and/or Arabic.
• Computer : Advanced office pack user level, SharePoint and online tools.
• Solid experience in project management and country coordination level roles, mandatory.
• At least 3 in a coordination position with similar responsibilities.
• Proven experience and knowledges liaising with international donors and coordination bodies.
• Solid experience in project cycle management, including assessment, proposal writing and reporting, in highly volatiles contexts.
• experience and familiarity with project planning and monitoring tool development and implementation.
• experience in capacity building
• Proven experience managing teams of more than 3.
• Experience in the Middle East context and/or the oPt.
• Experience with a healthcare organization.
• Experience in remote management techniques.
• Experience in advocacy
• Leadership and caring (ability to build relationships and look after colleagues).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Diplomacy, neutrality, negotiating skills and tact in inter-institutional and community relations.
• Sense of responsibility and loyalty.
• Ability to analyse, summarise and make sound judgements.
• Ability to work independently and flexibly, adapting to change.
• Good stress and frustration management skills.
• Ability to take solution-oriented initiatives.
• Flexibility and proactivity in a changing environment.
• Flexibility regarding working conditions.
How to apply
6 month contract – renewable upon funding approval.
Brut Salary CHF 3420 + valuation according to experience.
Family duty station according to the evolution of the context (benefits for family separation can be discussed according to the personal situation).
Medical expenses, repatriation and capitalization insurance paid for by MdM.
Guest-house accommodation in Jerusalem or private rental according to status, with regular field trips in Gaza and West Bank.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
DATE OF START : ASAP - to be agreed
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and cover letter (in English or French) + copy of diplomas and contact details of 3 reference persons to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention PROGRAMME COORDINATOR / Marie Wittwer Perrin, RH manager.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
Médecins du Monde is an equal opportunities employer and operates a fair and transparent recruitment procedure. The procedure is open to all candidates who believe they meet the requirements of the post. No employee or individual of Médecins du Monde has the right to request a cash payment or the exchange of favours of any kind in return for preferential treatment in the recruitment process.
Job Email id: rh(at)medecinsdumonde.ch