|Organization Name||:||Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI)|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 May 2023, 06:51 am|
|Closing Date||:||19 Jun 2023, 12:00 am|
The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) is a non-profit whose mission is to transform global security by driving systemic solutions to nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity.
Would you like to contribute to NTI’s success in a role that works closely with staff across all NTI programs?
NTI is seeking a Development Manager. This is a full-time hybrid position, working a minimum of three days a week in our DC office and a maximum of two days a week remotely. This position reports to the Vice President of Development.
The Development Manager works with the Development team and NTI leadership to manage individual giving at NTI. In coordination with the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager creates and executes an annual plan to increase individual giving through tailored engagement and outreach strategies, and helps NTI build and strengthen relationships with major donors and prospects.
Donor Stewardship and Prospect Cultivation, including:
• Creating and implementing individualized strategies to cultivate prospects and steward donors.
• Contributing to the building of a planned giving program.
• Completing research briefings, talking points, due diligence, and donor correspondence for use by senior leadership.
• Maintaining donor and prospect relationship information in the Salesforce database.
• Assisting the Development Associate in managing third-party giving platforms.
• Maintaining a detailed awareness of NTI’s institutional policies and guidelines, as well as professional best practices in fundraising.
Campaigns, Appeals, and Events, including:
• Planning and executing NTI’s end-of-year (EOY) campaign.
• Identifying opportunities and creating ad-hoc fundraising appeals based on current events or NTI milestones, including by preparing outreach lists and drafting targeted appeals.
• Drafting Development copy and donor list for NTI’s annual report.
• Coordinating distribution of completed annual report.
• Conducting special mailings to donors and Board members as needed.
• Planning and logistics management for 4-6 prospecting events annually.
• Producing 6+ “Ask NTI” donor conference calls with NTI experts annually.
Data, Metrics, and Reporting, including:
• Drafting fundraising updates and reports for Board of Directors.
• Serving, under the Vice President of Development, as the staff liaison to the Board Development Committee. Preparing meeting materials and talking points, drafting the official meeting minutes, and managing Committee documents.
• Preparing various semimonthly, monthly, and ad hoc reports for NTI leadership and Finance team.
• Managing online donating processes.
• Serving on NTI-wide committees and initiatives, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant development experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Salesforce or a similar donor database. Proficiency in reporting, dashboards, and basic administrator functions.
• Ability to communicate with diverse group of donors; excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated familiarity with individual stewardship and cultivation strategies, major giving cycles, retention strategies, and communication and engagement metrics.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Other skills and experience preferred:
• Experience with direct mail and email appeals.
• Familiarity with, or interest in, international relations, global security, and/or existential risk reduction.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
In addition to a competitive salary, NTI offers a generous benefits package, including:
• Generous paid time off: 12 holidays, 20 accrued vacation days, 10 accrued sick days, up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Excellent health insurance: PPO medical with $0 deductible, plus dental and vision options. NTI will pay the entire premium cost for employee coverage and 75% of the premium cost for additional dependents.
• NTI paid short- and long-term disability insurance and term life insurance
• A 401(k) plan with a generous employer match
• SmarTrip commuter benefits, and more!
Send a resume, cover letter, and two brief (1-5 page) professional writing samples to email@example.com. Subject line must read: “NTI DEV MANAGER”
Position will remain open until filled. Early application encouraged.
NTI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. NTI bases its employment decisions upon the needs of the organization and the individual merit of applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression), national origin, age, genetic information, disability, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or the employee’s status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offense, or stalking, or based on any other characteristic or trait protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Email id: contact(at)nti.org