|Organization Name||:||Public Services International (PSI)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Mar 2023, 06:33 am|
|Closing Date||:||12 Apr 2023, 12:00 am|
WASH Business Development Lead
Position Title: WASH Business Development Lead
Based in: Jakarta, Indonesia
0-25% domestic travel
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Contingent upon funding
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI uses its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer-empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a WASH Business Development (BD) Lead for the anticipated USAID IUWASH Pasar Project. The overall goal of IUWASH Pasar is to catalyze and grow local markets for water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) products and services in Indonesia's vulnerable urban areas. To achieve the overall goal, the Project will focus on the following three main objectives:
1. Improve business environment to foster greater private sector contribution for WASH services and products.
2. Enhance viability of WASH businesses and increase availability of affordable, desirable WASH products and services to underserved market segments.
3. Improved key WASH behaviors for increased demand with correct and consistent use of WASH products and services.
The WASH BD Lead will be responsible for building capacity of and access to services for IUWASH Pasar private sector partners. They will play a critical role in delivering results for Objective 2 across the project target geographies while also developing and maintaining the necessary coordination across technical domains to deliver effective market-based WASH solutions that meet the needs of under-served communities and consumers. They will be leading change processes at the local level, ensuring that local teams build strong multi-stakeholder relationships, supporting effective city-level collaboration and working together to ensure that project learning and innovation are institutionalized at the local level.
Technical and Project Management
• In consultation with Deputy Chief of Party, develop technical strategy and project plan to provide business capacity building and access to services for WASH private sector partners (esp. micro and small enterprises/MSE) to deliver WASH products and services for under-served communities and consumers
• Develop private sector engagement (PSE) strategy for IUWASH Pasar as a foundation to engage with WASH enterprises (suppliers) and WASH market actors (esp. financial institutions, services providers)
• Support regional teams to enhance existing WASH enterprises, and to lesser extent, help form new ones, - taking into consideration consumer interest, past investments, successes and failures through the provision of inputs, training and technical assistance in order to increase business viability of these enterprises.
• Facilitate linkages between WASH enterprises and market actors, such as financial institutions, business development services, mentoring and training services inside the project areas in order to increase their economic viability and long-term sustainability.
• Facilitate regular inter-regional team interactions and ensure that there is an effective exchange of knowledge which allows cross-fertilization of activities and lessons-learnt on WASH enterprises capacity building and business development.
Team Management and Coordination
• Participate/facilitate in project team/consortium coordination meetings.
• Provide technical support for regional teams, and other project stakeholders to improve their capacity on private sector engagement (PSE) and WASH enterprises capacity building.
• Supervision of the WASH Product Technology Specialist
Influence and Representation
• Proactively inform stakeholders about project programming and build professional and credible relations with community and government stakeholders.
• Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
What are we looking for?
• Higher education degree in the relevant field of Management, Business, Sales & Marketing, or relevant field.
• Minimum 10 years of experience across the fields of capacity building and business development for enterprises, esp. MSMEs. Experience with water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) enterprises preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of private sector engagement and market system development (MSD) / market for the poor (M4P).
• Proven ability in researching, designing, and preparing training/reference materials, and in arranging agendas for multi-stakeholder technical meetings, workshops, working groups and taskforces.
• Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of capacity building programs/initiatives that promote organizational change including trainings, coaching, and mentoring.
• Strong experience in collaboratively working with market system actors is a strong advantage.
• Familiarity with the principles and/or practice of inclusivity issues (such as gender and disability) and how this applies to capacity building and business development.
• Advanced report writing skills and proficiency languages (both Spoken and Written): in Bahasa Indonesia is required and in English is highly desirable.
• Sound communication, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, follow administrative procedures and meet deadlines is essential.
• Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, problem-solving skills, being proactive and taking initiative.
• Effective time management including priority setting and responding to program needs.
• Having willingness to learn and strengthen their capacity with an open-minded and creativity.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement:?You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty:?You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration:?You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust:?You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment:??You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. Must be authorized to work in the relevant country. PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard-free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date, and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.
Apply at: https://careers-psi.icims.com/jobs/3686/wash-business-development-lead/job