Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 12 Nov 2021, 12:01 pm Print

Washington, Nov 12 (UNI/Sputnik) The nearly 2 million cases of the coronavirus reported last week in Europe marked the highest increment in a single week in the region since the pandemic began in early 2020, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday.
"Almost 2 million cases of COVID-19 were reported in Europe last week, the most in a single week in that region since the pandemic started," Tedros told a virtual briefing.
Since early 2020, more than 251 million cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed globally, including over 5 million deaths, according to the latest data provided by the WHO. Of these infections, nearly 80 million infections were reported in Europe.
- Health workers call for cleaner air to curb pollution deaths
- Armed men raped children as young as one during Sudan civil war
- Over half of adults worldwide will be obese by 2050: Study
- WHO warns Breast cancer cases projected to rise by nearly 40 per cent by 2050
- Pakistan registers third polio case of 2025