Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 04 Sep 2020, 04:27 am Print

UN Geneva Twitter page
Geneva: A WHO official on Friday said the organization does not expect to witness widespread vaccinations against COVID-19 until the middle of next year.
"It is unlikely that we will see mass vaccinations against COVID19 before the middle of the next year," Margaret Harris, spokeswoman, WHO, was quoted as saying by the media.
China reports 25 new imported cases:
Meanwhile, the Chinese mainland reported 25 new imported COVID-19 cases Thursday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 2,553, the National Health Commission said Friday, reports Xinhua.
Of the new imported cases, 13 were reported in Guangdong, five in Shanghai, two each in Guangxi and Shaanxi, and one each in Tianjin, Fujian and Sichuan, the commission said in its daily report.
Among all the imported cases, 2,364 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 189 remained hospitalized, with three in severe condition, the commission said.
No deaths had been reported from the imported cases.
- Health workers call for cleaner air to curb pollution deaths
- Armed men raped children as young as one during Sudan civil war
- Over half of adults worldwide will be obese by 2050: Study
- WHO warns Breast cancer cases projected to rise by nearly 40 per cent by 2050
- Pakistan registers third polio case of 2025