Jhang: A girl was burnt alive in Pakistan's Jhang region in the name of 'honour'.
According to local media reports, the girl later succumbed to her injuries in a medical facility where she was admitted for treatment.
Police have arrested all members of the family.
On the information of the brutal incident, the District Police Officer (DPO) Tariq Mehboob reached Basti Dabwala, Garh Maharaja and arrested the accused father, two brothers and other family members involved in the heinous crime, reports The News International.
According to police, young girl Masooma Bibi was burnt to death by her father Rajab Ali, brothers Jaber, Aamir and sisters Kausar, Sameera and Aasia, the newspaper reported.
The victim recorded the statement and said she wanted to marry the person of her choice and left her residence.
Her vengeful father, brothers and sisters spread petrol and burnt her, the girl said in her last statement as quoted by The News International.
- Rahile Dawut: Uyghur scholar sentenced to life in prison in China for ' endangering state security'
- Afghanistan consul general in Karachi alleges Pakistani police are continuing to detain refugees
- Ukraine conflict: Report claims rape and torture by Russian forces continuing
- New York: Student for Free Tibet members protest against Chinese VP Han Zheng at UN headquarters
- Funding woes continue to plague UN Palestine refugee agency