Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 25 Nov 2022, 09:13 pm Print

Wikipedia Commons
Seoul: 78-year-old Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, media reports said on Saturday.
The Seongnam branch of the Suwon District Prosecutors Office indicted the 78-year-old O without detention Thursday over an allegation that he inappropriately touched the body of a woman in mid-2017, judicial officials told Yonhap news agency.
The case dates back to last year when the alleged victim had filed a complaint against the actor with the police.
Police then closed the case without filing any charge against the actor in April but the prosecution later reopened the investigation at the request of the victim, reported the South Korean news agency.
The actor had initially denied the charges.
He gained international fame when he became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor for his performance in "Squid Game."
- Donald Trump-led US government to honour Bangladeshi women student protest leaders who led July uprising for 'bravery'
- Pakistan: Baloch activist Mahrang denied in-person family visit, claims her sister
- Uyghur rapper Yashar Shohret serving prison term in China over composing lyrics deemed to promote 'extremism'
- Insecurity worsens for stateless Rohingya amid slash in aid, says UNHCR’s Grandi
- US Department of State condemns any instance of violence, intolerance against minority communities in Bangladesh