A Pakistani man has been arrested in Kohat region for assaulting an Afghan child, media reports said.
Zulfiqar, father of the victim, Samiullah, reported to the police that his son came home crying and complaining that a man he could identify took him to fields and abused him, reports Dawn News.
DSP Yousuf Jan and SHO Islamuddin led an action in which the culprit, Naveed Khan of Mohmand tribal district, was arrested.
He was currently a resident of the area.
“The victim and the accused were taken to the KDA Teaching Hospital for medical examination, and the tests confirmed the child was assaulted,” DSP Yousuf Jan told Dawn.
He said the accused was booked under the Child Protection Act.
- Weather-related disasters displace 43.1 million children in six years, UNICEF reports
- Five-year-old Kansas girl raped, murdered, key suspect arrested
- Mediterranean ‘becoming a cemetery for children and their futures’
- Sudan: Children dying amid healthcare system collapse
- Mali: 200,000 children at risk of starvation, warn UN agencies