Photo Courtesy: Wallpaper Cave
Pakistan security forces killed a militant ringleader during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Khyber district in Pakistan on Sunday.
According to a press release issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces conducted an IBO on the reported presence of a “high-profile terrorist”, reported Dawn News.
“During the conduct of operation, after intense fire exchange, high-value terrorist ringleader Surat Gul alias Saifullah of Daesh was sent to hell,” it said.
As per ISPR press release, the weapons, ammunition and explosives were also recovered from the “terrorist commander”.
“Sanitisation operation is being conducted to eliminate any other terrorist found in the area. Locals of the area appreciated the operation and expressed their full support to eliminate the menace of terrorism,” the ISPR was quoted as saying by Dawn News.
- Police official, key TTP terrorists killed during operation in Pakistan
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan