Extensive destruction is seen in the Gaza strip following Israeli airstrikes on 10 October 2023.Photo Courtesy: WHO
Following a short period of truce, Israel resumed fighting Hamas in the Gaza Strip on Friday morning, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement.
The IDF accused Hamas of violating the ceasefire agreement and firing at Israeli territory.
Rocket sirens were activated in two Israeli towns near the Gaza border on Friday morning, the first time since Israel and Hamas reached humanitarian truce on November 24.
The IDF later confirmed its air defense troops intercepted a rocket launched toward Israel. Following the attack, the IDF-affiliated Home Front Command tightened the guidelines for civilians in some areas of the country.
The humanitarian ceasefire deal reached between Israel and Hamas expired at 7:00 a.m. local time (0500 GMT) on Friday morning.
In Gaza, loud explosions were heard Friday (December 1, 2023) morning.
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Police van attacked during repolling in Tank