Photo Courtesy: Pixabay
At least two terrorists were killed by Pakistani security forces during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Balochistan’s Kalat district, media reports said on Wednesday.
According to a statement by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces conducted an IBO in the district’s general area of the Nagao Mountains over the reported presence of terrorists, reported Dawn News.
“During the conduct of operation, intense fire exchange took place between own troops and terrorists, resultantly two terrorists were sent to hell, while a cache of arms, ammunition and explosives has also been recovered,” the ISPR was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
It added that the militants were actively involved in numerous terrorist activities against security forces and target killing of innocent civilians.
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Police van attacked during repolling in Tank