Debris of buildings that collapses in Israeli strike in Gaza. Photo: Xinhua/UNI
Jerusalem: Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said on Monday that its ground operations across the Gaza Strip were continuing, killing three Hamas company commanders.
The killing of the three Hamas company commanders was based on intelligence information supplied by the Shin Bet and Military Intelligence Directorate, according to a statement from the Israeli military.
Israel has been carrying out attacks on Gaza over the past weeks to retaliate the Hamas surprise attack on southern Israel on Oct. 7, during which Hamas militants killed about 1,200 people and took more than 200 hostages.
Palestinian death toll in the Gaza Strip has exceeded 13,000, according to the media office in the besieged enclave.
Israel Defense Forces earlier on Sunday released a video which showed hostages being taken to Gaza's Al-Shifa hospital following the deadly attack conducted by Hamas on October 7.
A military spokesman told BBC one of them - a soldier - was murdered there.
Cpl Noa Marciano, 19, was killed after being taken into al-Shifa hospital with minor injuries, he said.
- Pakistan: 2 terrorists killed by security forces in Balochistan
- Pakistan: Suicide attack on convoy leaves 2 civilians dead, 10 injured
- Pakistan: Soldier dies in KP IED blast
- Pakistan: IED blast leaves three people dead in Balochistan
- Pakistan: Police checkpoint targeted in Turbat, three cops kidnapped