Dera Ismail Khan: Suspected terrorists attacked census teams in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region on Monday which left at least two policemen dead and four others injured.
The attack took place in Tank and Lakki Marwat regions of the Pakistani province.
A police van came under attack in the Kot-Azam area of Tank district while it was returning from a village, according to a spokesperson for district police as reported by Dawn News.
“Militants opened fire on the police van when it was returning from Manjhi village [after duty hours]. As a result, one policeman embraced martyrdom and four others sustained injuries,” police spokesman Syed Yaqoob Bukhari, adding that the attackers fled after shooting told the newspaper.
The injured personnel were rushed to Tank district headquarters hospital from where they were referred to Dera Ismail Khan due to unavailability of required facilities, he said.
Security personnel later launched search operation in the area.
- Police official, key TTP terrorists killed during operation in Pakistan
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan