Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 29 Jul 2021, 09:44 pm Print
Taliban Pixabay
Herat: Afghanistan security forces have pushed back Taliban attacks on Herat city and Karokh district in Herat province on Wednesday, media reports said on Friday.
“The Taliban has sustained casualties and fighting is still ongoing in some parts of the city,” officials told Tolo News.
The Taliban launched simultaneous attacks in Pul-e-Malan in the south of Herat city, Seyawashan village in the city, and in the center of Karokh district, the officials said.
“At least 40 Taliban were killed and more than 40 others were wounded,” as per local security officials.
The Taliban did not confirm the issue so far.
Clashes are still going on in Pul-e-Malan.
“We have tanks and military equipment and will fight against the Taliban with strength,” Akram Khan, a commando forces commander told Tolo News.
- Russian missiles hit Lakshmi Mittal’s ArcelorMittal plant in Ukraine, 2 killed
- Russia faces drone storm: Moscow claims 822 Ukrainian drones downed, apocalyptic blaze videos go viral
- No regrets’: Russian escort accused of blowing up Ukrainian defector in Crimea
- Ukraine faces fresh Russian 'attack': 3 killed as missiles, drones rain down
- Russia under attack: 13, including child, killed after suspected Ukrainian drone strikes

