Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 29 Apr 2020, 01:24 am Print
Washington/Sputnik/UNI: The United States condemns the recent terror attack in Syria and calls for a countrywide cessation in hostilities, State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus said in a statement.
Earlier in the day, a fuel truck exploded and killed at least 40 people, the Turkish defense ministry said. Ankara blamed the attack on the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).
"The US renews its call for support and implementation of a nationwide ceasefire in Syria," Ortagus said on Tuesday.
Ankara views the Kurdish-led groups, which are operating in northern Syria, as affiliates of the PKK. To fight them, Turkey — in cooperation with several Syrian opposition groups — has conducted several military operations in Syria, such as the Euphrates Shield and the Olive Branch operations in Afrin.
Image: Pixabay
- Eid-eve horror: Deadly shooting at San Diego Mosque leaves five, including 2 teen suspects, dead
- Explosion near UAE nuclear site after drone attack, no injuries
- Who is Al-Saadi? Iraqi man held in US for allegedly supporting Iranian terror groups
- Foiled before disaster? Bangladesh police arrest former soldier over Neo-JMB links
- Who is Izz al-Din al-Haddad? Israel says it eliminated Hamas’s final October 7 architect in Gaza strike

